Hi

I have two computers in two different places and when I run the project on the second computer, attached images do not show up in the descendance report even though they did so on the first computer.

What did I do wrong?

I am running YMG 6.12 on both computers

Many thanks for any help!

Richard Molvidson

The simple solution is to use identical paths for your TMG data on both computers. That way, the image links will always be correct.

When image links are incorrect, you use the External Exhibits tool in File / Maintenance /Validate File Integrity to update the image links. If you have more than one image folder, paths to all folders need to be entered.

If you do not use identical paths on both computers, you will need to run VFI every time that you move your data from one machine to the other.

The simple solution is to use identical paths for your TMG data on both computers. That way, the image links will always be correct.

When image links are incorrect, you use the External Exhibits tool in File / Maintenance /Validate File Integrity to update the image links. If you have more than one image folder, paths to all folders need to be entered.

If you do not use identical paths on both computers, you will need to run VFI every time that you move your data from one machine to the other.

Jim

Fantastic, it worked perfectly at once, many thanks for your help!!

Kind regards

Richard

Jim,

I have a similar problem. I am using 6.12 also and am losing images when I create HTML and upload to my web site using ftp (I created my own web site with MS Publisher). I suspect it is a path problem in TMG but I cannot figure it out. I can view the photos on my computer (where the photos are) from my web site (http://sherbondy.org/clans000t.htm) but when I view from any other computer there are only 2 small icons where the photos should be (above person #6 in Gen 2 and person #18 in Gen 3). I use external exhibits and have the photos in a separate folder. I create an HTML report and TMG creates 4 htm files and 2 jpg files (no folders). I've tried many options including internal and external exhibits and storing photos/exhibits and creating html reports in a folder called "public" without success. I ran the Validate File Integrity today and reloaded ftp with the same results. I'm willing to try anything but I just need some new suggestions.

Thanks very much.

Jeffrey D. Sherbondy

www.sherbondy.org