I have tested a little bit again.
It has nothing to do with the language or place style or name style. I have also (for testing purposes) deleted all Repeat.xxx files and have them recreated by starting TMG. It did not help.
I started doing the same Michael does (starting from empty repeat files):
- open an add person screen (e.g. add an unrelated person), add a person name
- type something in the name note
- press F3 in the birth note -> "no repeat values found"
- enter something in the birth note
- press F3 in the death note -> "no repeat values found"
- press ok to store the person. The data typed in the notes can be seen.
- try to add another person the same way -> same result as before. (no repeat values)
It seems that the field CNTMEMO in Reapeat.DBF is not set or updated.