Tag Data Pasting copy/paste data entry TMG9 clipboard data pasting

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ehindmar

ehindmar
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

I've solved this Copy/Paste problem.  It was a setting in WebRoot in the Identity Protection section that was not working (in my opinion) the way it was supposed to work.  I had to remove TMG from the applications list. 

#22 Michael Hannah

Michael Hannah
  • Moderators
  • 2,733 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, Computers

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

Yes, any program running in the background, like Web Root, which is monitoring/touching database files while the database program is running will usually cause various problems with that database program, not just TMG.

Michael
See my book on how I customize TMG My Way.
My website.

#23 algenes6

algenes6
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the help! I have been after this problem through all of v9.xx with Windows 8.1 and WebRoot, including TMG tech support. The good news is my keyboard skills were sharpened. I followed the WebRoot suggestion. IT WORKED! I never thought I would get excited about being able to copy and paste - it seemed so mundane. Again, thank you!

#24 Cleave

Cleave
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

It's a big club, apparently, with little consistency in fixes. Sooner or later we may stumble on the root solution. Interesting to note that the MS forum has 4 pages on this subject too.

Meanwhile, I'll add a little data: I have the problem on my Windows 7 desktop, but no problem on the windows 8.1 laptop. I've tried most (I think all) of the fixes suggested except using the safe mode which I'll try shortly. I can paste into other applications; so far TMG is the only one presenting me with the problem. I'm assuming if paste works in the safe mode TMG will be forever happy about my registration, and I can do most of my work on the laptop.

Dick

#25 Cleave

Cleave
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

Opening Windows 7 in safe mode (F8 at startup) allowed me to copy/paste the serial # and make TMG happy as a puppy.

Don't know yet whether paste will work internally in normal mode.

#26 djsavell

djsavell

Dale Savell

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

I'd forgotten about the fact that my F3 repeat function does not work.  Stopped in the middle of a session back in January. Ctrl C / Ctrl V work fine.

Dale

#27 Michael Hannah

Michael Hannah
  • Moderators
  • 2,733 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, Computers

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Dale,

Loss of a function key usually means that key has had it meaning redefined by some other program.  Do you have any background programs, like some kind of sticky notes program or something, which uses that function key?  Does F3 do what it should do in other programs?

Michael
See my book on how I customize TMG My Way.
My website.

#28 sullrich

sullrich
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

I followed the suggestions of user ehindmar to remove TMG Identity Protection in my Webroot security program and Copy/Paste function is finally restored to TMG!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tag Data Pasting, copy/paste, data entry, TMG9, clipboard, data pasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users