TMG 9.05 no longer works with Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gloria McGough

Gloria McGough
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

On or about November 15th (following an update to Windows) I could no longer open The Master Genealogist

The program icon changed to a "white page" and I receive this message "This APP can't run on your PC"

I had TMG version 9 and the .5 or 05 that was provided later.  I have had no problems running TMG until this happened. 

Do I dare uninstall and reinstall?  I have saved all my programs/projects as back-ups and also have the sqz files. 

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Run the TMG v9.05 installer and select [Repair].

If this doesn't work, I'd guess that some external application is blocking TMG. There should be no Windows 10 issue per se with TMG.

#3 Michael Hannah

Michael Hannah
  • Moderators
  • 2,744 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, Computers

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

You might check to see if the log of any antivirus program shows it has chosen to block TMG.

Michael
See my book on how I customize TMG My Way.
My website.

#4 Gloria McGough

Gloria McGough
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

Thank you Jim, this worked.

#5 Don Short

Don Short
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

I upgraded my TMG to the new new verison and It is asking for a serial number.  I put my serial number in that I already have and it dosen't take it.

#6 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

You need to enter your registration information both running as standard user and running as administrator.

The information needs to include your name, email address, and registration number exactly as received in the conformation email received from Wholly Genes.

You unlock as administrator by right-clicking on the program shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator'. After unlocking, exit TMG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users