Have to keep logging back in

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LornaHenderson

LornaHenderson
  • Senior Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

Since the rebuild of the forum, and dutifully changing my password, I no longer seem to stay logged in, and have to keep logging in either when coming back to a session last touched some time ago, or when restarting my browser and opening the forum

Any hints on why? or what I can do about that?
(And yes, that bit about stay "logged in" is checked)

Also, I couldn't upload an attachment to one of my postings on the v6 forum to illustrate my point

Regards,

Lorna
Win 7 Pro  SP1 (Desktop & MacBookPro with Parallels 9)

#2 jeffpiper

jeffpiper

Jeff Piper

• Senior Members
  • 213 posts
  • Location:Stanley, Co. Durham UK. "Land of the Prince Bishops"

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:20 AM

Since the rebuild of the forum, and dutifully changing my password, I no longer seem to stay logged in, and have to keep logging in either when coming back to a session last touched some time ago, or when restarting my browser and opening the forum

Any hints on why? or what I can do about that?
(And yes, that bit about stay "logged in" is checked)

Also, I couldn't upload an attachment to one of my postings on the v6 forum to illustrate my point

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lorna,
I had a similar thing once I had changed my password. the next time I returned to the site I had to log in again and got a Windows prompt that the password stored was different to the one I used and did I want to change it.
Could be connected to that.
Jeff
Co. Durham, UK
Land of the Prince Bishops

#3 LornaHenderson

LornaHenderson
  • Senior Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:59 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have found that deleting my cookies seems to have fixed the "have to log in" bit

Regards,

Lorna
Win 7 Pro  SP1 (Desktop & MacBookPro with Parallels 9)

#4 John Cardinal

John Cardinal
  • Senior Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:17 AM

Lorna,

It appears I had the same problem as you. I had to keep logging back in, despite checking the "Remember Me" box. I deleted all the Wholly Genes cookies in Firefox, logged back in, and now the automatic login feature appears to be working properly.

#5 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:38 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This should now be fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users