ntollesh

Language translation to Norwegian

In the ancestors report I have problems with the translation of abrevaitions. I have problems to switch from english to norwegian abbreviations

i.e. in English b, chr, d and m -should be switches to f, d, d and g in Norwegian.

I have set language to Norwegian in the report options for all projects, however in one project still the english abbreviations is used. In another project the Norwegian abbreviations are used, but the abbreviation chr. - for christening is still used. I have found that chr. is not included in the english translation list, and I believe therefore that this abbreviation is not translated.

There are other reports also where the english terms are used instead of the norwegian.

Question 1:

Are the translation files global for all projects or are they individual for each project. How do I handle this when doing backup of my projects.

Question 2:

Are there any updated available for translation files.

Question 3:

I have purchase a licence to upgrade to version 6, however the latest update error reports for v.6 worries me.

I am reluctant to upgrade from 5 to 6 due to these reports. A good argument to upgrade my be if the problems described above are solved in v. 6 ??

The translations and language adjustments evolve with every version of the program. For that reason, you want to be running the latest version of the program. v6.07.000 is a very stable release. The only problem of note is an error when adding tags in Beginner Mode and you can click by the error or switch to Advanced Mode which doesn't have the error.

I would suggest taking advantage of the v6 registration that you already have and updating.

Nils,

you may also want to get in direct contact with the very experienced and long-lasting Norwegian TMG User Group Coordinator Torleif from Hamar, Norway.

To do so click on "Members" on the right side near the top of the Forum Page and search for "Torleif" then you can sent him a personal message or an email.

His homepage is: http://www.tha.no/

Just an additional suggestion. :)

Vera

I guess I have to first upgrade form 5.15 to 6.00 with the first  file, and then upgrade using a second file to upgrade from 6.00 to 6.07.

That's right - if you want to "upgrade" your existing installation, you first need to go to 6.00. Then you can update that to 6.07 in a single step.

I believe you can go straight to v. 6.07 if you download the current setup file from their website.   www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg6setup.exe

Yes, you can uninstall TMG5 and install the current version, which is 6.07. But you cannot update the existing installation of 5.15 directly to 6.07.

Upgrade worked fine and translation problem fixed i v.607

That's right - if you want to "upgrade" your existing installation, you first need to go to 6.00. Then you can update that to 6.07 in a single step.

Yes, you can uninstall TMG5 and install the current version, which is 6.07. But you cannot update the existing installation of 5.15 directly to 6.07.