helpquest51

Removing a Phantom Source Citation from a Tag Entry Screen

I need to obtain information on removing a source citation from a Tag Entry screen. I never had a problem removing a source citation from a Tag Entry screen. Recently, I discovered I have such a citation. It is not shown on the Tag Entry screen yet it appears in the End Notes on a Journal Report. I had removed this source citation in order to replace it with a new one. When I did add the new source citation it appeared in the End Notes along with the old "removed" one. I can only conclude that, when I removed the undesired citation, I must have used the [Delete] key on my keyboard instead of the [-] button on the Tag Entry screen. It is possible that no TMG user ever made a mistake like this in the past. Regardless, I would appreciate finding someone who can provide a solution.

Have you run Optimize, Validate File Integrity, Optimize?

These tools are designed to clean up the type of issue that you describe.

I ran Optimize, Validate File Integrity, Optimize, but the problem still persists - namely: the source citation does not appear on the Tag Entry screen but does show up in the End Notes of a Journal Report.

Run a list of Citations report and filter for that source number. That will show you if the person still has any tags with a citation to that source.

First, how do you know that this End Note is citing this tag for this person?

Second, is it possible you have an embedded citation ([CIT:]srcnum;cd[:CIT]) to this source within the memo of this tag?